Congress is currently considering making permanent three charitable tax incentives, lumped together as the Supporting America’s Charities Act (H.R. 5806). NOW is the time to voice your enthusiasm for this bill to your state Representatives and Senators. If the bill were to pass, the following giving incentives would become permanent:
- The IRA Rollover,
- The enhanced deduction for donations of food inventories, and
- Donations of conservation easements
Making your opinion heard is easy:
- Visit this webpage set up by the National Council of Nonprofits.
- Pick a means – phone, email, and/or Twitter – of contacting your Representatives and Senators.
- Follow the easy instructions and links. You can even copy and paste a pre-drafted message!
Contact them right away to encourage that this bill gets passed before they adjourn!